- N.Song capitol in Kaifung (scroll in Mr.Webb's class)
- S.Song moved it to Hanjo
- Song Dynasties very isolated and surrounded by more powerful states
- Northern (960-1127) Southern (1127-1279)
- monetization of the economy, growth in commerce and maritime trade, urban expansion and technological innovations,
- developments of printing press, gunpowder, junks, moveable type, champa rice, foot-binding, etc. , greatly influenced Korean/Japanese literature, powerful navy and international trade
- Enemies: Lao, Xixia, and Jerchens (Jin empire)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.