- Starts around 1000, goes to about 1300
- When Europeans converted to Christianity, they didn't have very much knowledge of it.
- Christianity was very superficial
- In 100, commoners start to get to know Christianity better, and it became less superficial
- Now, commoners have much more contact with Christianity
- By 11th century, the society was very enthusiatically Christian.
- Best example is the Crusades.
- This was very powerful, because people would sell all of their possesions, and march to the holy lands.
- On the other hand, this makes people more anti-semetic, and they became more willing to persecute Jews, and etc.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.